Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What No Tarter Sauce?

I feel rotten about how I lost faith in the miracles, now that one has happened to me. Dazzling Hollywood special effects might have had the effect of diminishing my God's amazing powers to my modern mind. This is a pity.

Jesus strikes me as having been a modest man, and I can see how he didn't want to end up performing for crowds like some kind of circus freak while his message faded into the background. The thing I try to keep in mind about his miracles is that they were real. My God can do anything. I'm utterly convinced of this now, and I can see how his life and work made such a huge impact.

It's too bad that we rely so heavily on magical powers to back up one's spiritual claims. And, once demonstrated, we're still not satisfied unless they can rise from the grave after a slow, horrible, public execution. It shows that we are not predisposed to believe in everlasting life. It shows that no amount of magic tricks could ever have accomplished what simply listening to his message with an open heart and mind has done for his followers up to the present day. And I'm sure he knew it, himself, when he was here in the flesh.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment