Monday, October 18, 2010

If the Shoe Splits Bear It

Sometimes I'm kind of glad that I've been limited to person-to-person feedback because a lot of my readers get my message wrong. I can sum up their failure in a few words.

Essentially, they lack either the ability or the will to put themselves in my shoes. Instead, they try to put me in their shoes, while criticizing a thought that came from another shoe store altogether.

This includes musicians who perceive me as being somehow separate from my songs, as though my songs didn't come from inside me but, as would seem to be the case for them and for most people, by blindly strumming a guitar and spitting out thoughtless words.

Language must have failed me when I tried to explain how to take advantage of being the centre of your universe. Such a setup does not make my life share the characteristics of yours.

Once and for all, because I am mentally exhausted, you control your universe by losing yourself in the lives of those around you when necessary. Sometimes I must tap into my self, in order to produce original music, but then I offer it to others as a portal into my universe, though I still don't get paid money for it.

This makes forgiveness the greatest power you can have because it is a selfless act, freeing you of your personal grief by respecting others for having different or conflicting life paths. That's how to pilot a universe.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment