Sunday, October 10, 2010

It Doesn't Matter

People may be wondering now if I'm going to stick with my faith. I don't blame them for doubting its longevity.

The atheist approach to living does have its merits if you are interested in improving life strictly here in the physical world. That's certainly a decent goal, and I have the greatest respect for scientists, technicians, and philosophers for bringing us out of the age of plagues, horse manure, and crucifixions, respectively. But with my intuition I see beyond the physical.

This is the source of my restored faith. I have intuition, and I know from miraculous personal experience that there is more to this life than we can see with our eyes. But I can't hold it against less intuitive people for relying entirely on their five senses. If the physical world is all your body lets you know, you are bound to get caught up in its flaws and inflate their importance.

To yield to a universe entirely of matter is to seek material solutions for every problem. While I dismissed God, I needed chemicals in my head to get high. Now I'm high on the Most High. And this is a trip which enlightens my mind rather than destroying it.

My bottom line is that I needn't ever get too upset over the rotten things that happen to me in this life. With my heart as it is, I know my troubles are only temporary. And that strikes me as a good way to carry on, not just permanently but everlastingly.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment