Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tickled Punk

The carefree life offered to mankind in the Garden of Eden appears to have widespread appeal among people today. From what I can see, ever since we were metaphorically driven from the place, we have largely been trying to get back in, using technology to free us from physical struggles and to distract our minds from the burdens of knowledge and self awareness.

To live in this fashion is to live in innocence, like the animals. It is, I gather, to enjoy uninhibited sex. And it may also cause one, in all warm-heartedness, to advise grief stricken philosophers like myself to avoid thinking too much.

When they are not making me shout at the rooftops, such people make me smile. To my shame, it irritates me to the point where I lose my cool and start posting punk songs when I see how easily they are misled, particularly if I must fall in line with them during such moments. But I can't help but to ultimately forgive them. They simply don't know any better.

I have a harder time letting go of my resentment for the persons misleading them. In their case, it helps me to remember that they are their own worst enemies. Sooner or later their evil will catch up with them and punish them far more than I ever could.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment