Monday, July 11, 2011

It's All God

I wouldn't question God's will for man, but I do have some curiosities about how his Word has been interpreted through the ages. My main difficulty is in how Christians have justified killing non-Christians.

Jesus said that no one can come to the Father except through him. Makes sense. He was laying out his personal vision of the Kingdom of Heaven for the world. But how did he win his following? Seems to me that he accomplished it with love.

Who put the non-Christians here? Must have been God. How do you guess he feels about you killing them?

While it may be irksome for a Christian to see someone praying in a way that is not sanctioned by his holy book, it hardly calls for bloodshed. The only people Christians should hate are Satanists. Other religions may parallel Christianity. Non-Christians may, in fact, compliment Christ, rather than negating him.

When the Lord was asked 'Who then can be saved?', he answered that what was impossible for man was possible for God. It follows that, while it is impossible for Christians to redeem other religions with their own, it is possible for God to do so.

As for atheists, I was an atheist. Look at me now. Shame on anyone who dared to pass judgement on me.

As far as I can gather, the last thing Jesus wanted us to do was to hate. Two thousand years since his appearance, I must pray that we finally get his message straight.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2011. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment