Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Suffer the Students

Even as an atheist, which I declared myself to be for many years, I took inspiration from the story of Christ. The only difference was that I felt free to mock the Scriptures here and there, something I dare not do any more. (My cartoon character, the Holy Roller, is merely intended to parody bad evangelists.)

My sense of God's presence and of the existence of an afterlife has come to me by intuition and I have learned that my intuition is highly reliable by the exercise of rejecting this mindset in late 2007, after my first conversion experience, and experiencing all the horrors that resulted from this decision. I'm a little ashamed that my faith was not strong enough to sustain me the first time, but I am relieved that I have been given a second chance to stand up for the Lord in this very evil time in history.

One advantage that Christians have over adherents of other faiths is that Christ knows our suffering. Unlike all other deities, He submitted to the humiliation of pain and death. When we are in pain, we can be comforted by praying to a God who knows our pain. And since we are all doomed to die, we can turn to Christ for comfort at any point along our fateful passage.

There are a lot of suffering souls out there and they are all welcome to visit me here. If you're a student who gets picked on in class, I hope you can compare your situation with mine and gain some real perspective. Had this gang rape of my music and comedy occurred when I was younger, I might not have survived this long. But once you get out of that classroom, the consent of your peers becomes less and less important.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2007, 2015. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment