Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Why We're Here

As an atheist I once wrote that we may only be here to make plastic. I've since had more time to consider the question, and I take it most seriously.

One of the things I used to enjoy about being an atheist was that it made me the centre of my universe. There were no challengers. There was stronger temptation to sin because my fear of punishment was gone, but I wanted to test my morality by trying to be good without God.

When I had that transforming experience back in 2007, I had been an atheist for so long that my Christian entries looked almost alien to me before I erased them. The second time I had this paranormal experience in 2010, I knew that it was connected to my online work and I no longer thought I was crazy. That is why I am going to stay as I am until the day I die.

The hardest thing for me to accept about being confronted with what I believed to be the reality of God was the humility. It was discomforting at first to learn that I was not the centre of the universe. But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. People wonder why we are here. I think we are here to learn humility. Life is humbling. It is one long humiliation which ends in the ultimate failure of our bodies to even support life. This may have been why Jesus was humble. He was trying to show us the best way out of this life. There is no room for an almighty God without humility. This makes humility perhaps the most important condition for admission into the Kingdom of God.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2013. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment