Monday, November 4, 2013

We Can Handle It

Pain can bring the worst out in us and I'm grateful that most of my readers have been tolerant of my behaviour when I'm not myself. When I'm in pain I often say things I don't mean. I can't think straight. I lash out in a vain effort to put a stop to my ordeal. Then later on, when I'm back to my normal, relaxed self, I feel ashamed of how I acted. There are probably two types of pain: righteous pain caused by accident, tragedy, or injustice, and punitive pain, self imposed by our own wrongful behaviour. I'm quite sure that all of the pain I have suffered over my work is righteous pain inflicted on me by those who stole from me.

Again it is helpful to contemplate Christ's passion and crucifixion when we are in pain. He showed us the proper way to handle it. We must accept pain and try to grow from it. We must have faith in God. There is a beautiful future waiting for each of us at the end of our time here. We must never lose hope.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2013. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment